Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Post: For the Happiness In My Life

To say I have been miserable about Vermont Yankee going off-line is putting it mildly.  People laid off, Vermont importing power from the gas plants in the states next door, opponents crowing that nuclear is just too expensive and this proves it.  It's all too much.

Moving My Attention
As in other periods in my life when some event made me miserable, I have been shifting my attention by concentrating on areas of love and happiness.

Next year will be my 50th anniversary, G-d willing. Yes, I'm old.  On the other hand, we married as undergraduates, so I'm not THAT old. ;-)   I am deeply grateful for this happiness in my personal life.  I am deeply grateful for my years with George Angwin and for my family.

In honor of the new year, I embed two videos about long-term love:
Sting--Fields of Gold
Goo Goo Dolls-- Come to Me

May your new year be full of love and health and joy.

Sting


Goo-Goo Dolls

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Ms. Angwin!

The struggle will continue. The day may yet come when Vermont Yankee re-opens with a small-but-expandable flock of SMRs!

(- Dogmug)

Joffan said...

Happy New Year, Meredith.

Sting is a great singer, but I recommend Eva Cassidy's Fields of Gold also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DWg7zNOyK8

Meredith Angwin said...

Thank you both for the comments. Joffan....I loved the Eva Cassidy version...I wasn't familiar with it!

I especially appreciate the comments because January 1, 2010 was my first blog post. Five years of work on this blog and other energy-related blogs and subjects. Not easy to face that anniversary when so many people will be laid off from VY within two weeks.

But I will keep on, with a slightly different focus, of course. THANK YOU for the encouragement.