Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Posting Changes


I received a few complaints about difficulties people encountered when they tried to post comments to this blog. I had set up some automatic spam filters and they caused problems. I have changed that.

Instead of automatic guards on posting, anyone can comment now. This means that I have personally become the spam filter. All posts are moderated before they are posted.

If you click on the word "comment" at the bottom of any post, you should be able to post. However, since I am the moderator, and I have to look at the post, there will be a delay between the time you comment and the time your comment appears on the blog.

Will some posts be deleted? Of course. If they are rude, foul-mouthed or incoherent rants, they will simply never appear on this blog. If they are civilized comments that I don't happen to agree with, they will be posted. I discourage anonymous comments, but I will post well-written ones.

I make the posting decision, right here, at my computer, all by myself.

In other words, if you want to see your comment on this blog, choose to err on the side of civility.

No comments: